Monday, June 6, 2011

"Things I Treasure "- Reeya Westrup

This is the fifth installment of our "Things I Treasure" series. We wanted to feature women who are inspirations to us, their families and friends. These are women who work hard every day to make a difference in the lives of people everywhere. They agreed to share with us the things they treasure in their everyday lives, including their favourite fashion pieces and their must-have beauty product.
Reeya has been one of my best friends since childhood, one of my friends who has been with me through good times and bad times and always told me the truth, the real truth.  As I post this story we both lost beloved pets within the space of two weeks, it was good to have her kindness and understanding at a very difficult time, I hope I did the same for her.


These women are our treasures.  It is a pleasure to share them and their experiences with you.
Thank you! Enjoy!

Tobago Cays

My childhood friend, Deb, asked me to contribute to her blog entitled, “Things I Treasure”. After much procrastination (mostly because life tends to get in the way sometimes), and the sudden loss of our beloved family dog, Kane, I figured it was due time to let out some of my feelings on paper.


As I get older, I see the world differently, and with more clarity. I appreciate people for who they are, and not for their material possessions. These are in no particular order and are few when compared to other contributors, but I as I get on in life, simplicity becomes more attractive, as I realize that I need very little to be truly happy.

• I treasure loyalty, longevity, unconditional love.

• I treasure my loving husband and our beautiful, wonderful son, and our lives together.

• I treasure the memory of a loving, beautiful soul, Kane and am thankful to have shared ten years of my life with him. I miss him every day.

• I treasure my family relationships.

• I treasure my childhood memories.


Courtesy- Istockphotos.com




• I treasure my true friends. I can count you all on one hand. You know who you are.

• I treasure all that I am capable of doing, all that I have already achieved, and the possibilities that lie ahead.

• I treasure sunshine and warmth.




• I treasure a good book and art that speaks to me.










• I treasure a good belly laugh.

• I treasure a cold glass of beer (with salt and lemon), and the way a cigarette can take away my stress.




• I treasure my ‘alone’ time just as much as I treasure time with others.


• I treasure each day of my life, and look forward to what each day that follows this one will bring.


So here you are, Deb. I hope I haven’t disappointed you, and that I am ‘blog-worthy’! Love you, and thank you for being my friend for all these years.

Reeya

Here are some of Reeya's other treasures.....


Most Treasured Beauty Item- My tweezers!


















Most Treasured Fashion Item- Jeans, they never go out of style.







Treasured destination- Anywhere with a beach!



I am also going to add something I think another treasure and that is her Amazon Kindle, she loves it!




















Reeya, thank you very much for this wonderful post.
Love you!
DGW

3 comments :

  1. Wonderful, insightful post Rhee. It fascinates me how as we age, we seem to grow deeper into our authentic selves, and the "things" we treasure are more likely to be other beings and wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jan. It is a wonderful time of life, and a good time for us to reflect on how we have lived so far, and look forward to how much more is in store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post Ree,I know I do treasure all the memories we have shared together and look forward to making many more.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts