Thursday, October 28, 2010

One More Time....




I admire my husband's discipline with his clothing.His side of our closet has looked  the same for as long as I have known him. Drawers are never crammed with clothing, no piles of clothing being sorted, separated and stored. His motto? "If I buy something new, something has to go away" .
 And much has been made of the new trend about women who have been living with 10 items of clothing for a few months. Even they have admitted that it took some mental adjusting.

That led me to back to the closet for another purge. I do not part with anything easily, I collect vintage, that should tell the story.
I decided to focus on reducing one item. Tee Shirts. Black Tees.
In my past retail life I wore black every day in NY because I wanted to and then I worked for a company and I had to. I always bought 2 or 3 at a time.

Time to purge

I went for the ones which shrunk,  had pills,and anything too form fitting.

The pile was high, there were 10 black, 2 gray, 2 white.

All you need :

2 Black
2 gray
2 white

and at least one color.
Buy 2 shirts for variety if you think you need more.

That should be enough for any season.  The drawers are practically empty.
Your bank account will thank you. Less is more!

Now on to the shirts....

No comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts