Tuesday, November 23, 2010

MEGA Travel and Shop Pick- Toronto. Friends pick their favorites!




Toronto is one of the best cities for shopping in the world. I have visited Toronto more than 8 times and many of my childhood friends live in Toronto or its outskirts.


This is a special Travel pick because my friends in Toronto have picked their favorite places to shop. They more than anyone else can give us real insight into the shopping world in Toronto.


I would like to thank all of my friends in Toronto who shared their picks!

The main shopping sections are:
Bloor/Yorkville
College/Kensington
Danforth
Queen Street West

Please note: No addresses are listed, all of the stores are easy to find online.


 From ShelleySM


* Vaughan Mills Mall, major outlet shopping, brought to you by the same folks of Sawgrass Mills fame in Florida
* Yorkdale Mall, home to Canada's first Victoria's Secret, Mango, Zara, H&M, all under one roof complete with valet parking
* Queen West, a shopping mecca, Heelboy, best shoe store in the city and when you're tired stop at the little Red Tea Box for high tea
* Holt Renfrew- High end shopping experience, like no other.
* Divine Decadence, Yorkville, best vintage store in the city


SharonaH
I love to shop…Ok...this is based on my personal opinion as I am a shop–a-holic & most importantly a shoe–a–holic. I believe that women love to shop for various reasons…It’s like therapy...don’t get me wrong there are men who love to shop as well..So this is not a stereotypical statement for women
I love to shop for shoes, make up, clothing, bags and accessories
Here are my favourite picks for shopping in Toronto:
1. Yorkville Shops – Bloor & Yorkville
Whenever I am looking for chic hot trends, stylish classics and designer fashions, then Yorkville is the place that I love to go. Yorkville is a Shoppers paradise that also houses Canadian retail icon stores like Holt Renfrew, Harry Rosen, and William Ashley China. I love the shoes and boots in Holt Renfrew; you can also get some really great deals on designer purses and bags. Hazelton Lanes has some amazing one of kind boutiques with unique stylish clothing.
I also shop at Cole Haan’s, David’s Footwear and Specchio for shoes as well. I also especially love the quaint Victorian architecture in the Yorkville houses and art galleries. Bloor – Yorkville is often compared to other acclaimed areas such as fifth Ave. in New York, Rodeo Drive in Los Angeles and Chicago’s magnificent mile.
2. Queen Street West: Located between Yonge St. and Bathurst Ave.
Queen West is where I go to find everything hip, trendy and cool and cutting edge fashion.
Young, vibrant and bohemian, this neighbourhood is often compared to New York’s or London’s SOHO districts. My favorite stores along the Queen St. strip are Zara, Mendocino, H & M, The Umbra Store, Bedo and Mac’s cosmetics.
3. The Winners stores are very much like TJ Maxx, Marshall’s and Filene’s basement in the US. Winners sell designer labels at up to 60% off regular process. I love to browse through the racks looking for great deals. I have also found designer shoes from Kenneth Cole and Anne Klein at reasonable prices.
6. The Hudson Bay Company – Queen & Yonge Streets
The Bay is a good old fashioned department store that always has amazing deals. I usually shop for The Toronto Eaton Centre: Yonge & Dundas
Canada’s third largest mall and biggest tourist attraction houses more than 250 stores. These stores appeal to the budget conscious and spendthrifts alike. Some of my favorite stores include, Nine West, Mango, Bebe, Michael Kors, BCBG, Bath and Body Works, The Body Shop, Victoria Secret, Melanie Lynn, Jacob’s and Tristan’s.
4. Chinatown: Spadina Ave
When I am looking for unbelievable bargains on exotic trinkets, jewellery, and clothing … Chinatown is the place to be.
5. Winners – several locations across the city
my bath towels, pillows, sheet sets, and house hold & kitchen appliances. There are times when I also find great discounts on designer shoes, bags, accessories, clothing, and sun glasses…even men’s wear at great prices.
7. Yorkdale Mall – Known as the Shopping Centre that never sleeps.
This mall is always packed. Housing over 240 stores such as Tiffany’s, Burberry, Lululemon, Sephora, Zara, Victoria Secret and many more. If you are looking for a fast paced buzzed shopping experience, then Yorkdale mall is the place to be. I especially love to shop at Crate and Barrel
There you have it my friend…Sharona’s favorite picks of top places to shop in Toronto. Of Course there are many more places as it just depends on your personal style and taste.

Janice R  

Yorkdale,Holts,and of course Queen West.The shops at Bloor West Village -Trixie is my absolute favorite.
Merry-G0-Round is another fabulous shop in that hood.
There is also great shopping on the Danforth. Alchemy is a great little store. You can throw together a funky look on a student budget.
I highly recommend "Over the Rainbow" on
J watching and waiting until the price gets somewhere close to my budget before bringing them home!
Yorkville Ave
for jeans - catch them when there's a sale.
My favorite shoe store is Speccio's, also on
Yorkville Ave.
I've visited many a pair of shoes there
And no one included The Bay? I go to the flagship at the Eaton Centre. They carry "Free People" which I love especially in the summer and costume jewellery. Beautiful pieces for half or one-third of the original price.Gotta love it.
My favorite place of all time for High Tea in Toronto is the Windsor Arms. You have not lived until you have savored their mouth watering scones and enjoyed the impeccable service.
I'm going to stop now because I would like to lose five pounds and the mere thought of tea at the Windsor Arms is weakening the foundations of my resolve :-)

From Dawn G:

 Homesense is a favorite.
 The kids who are now teenagers like H& M, Forever 21, American Eagle, Abercrombie & Hollister.
 H&M is  a favorite for being both trendy and reasonable,even I get great stuff there.
AllisonM:
Zara
Mexx
Roots
Cotton Ginny
Smart Set
Le Chateau
La Senza

FashionMom
Jumas- Bought my first pair of hip driving gloves here more than 7 years ago. They were brown with neon green trim. I also bought a navy blue leather skirt which I adore. This store sells clothing with a hip, euro feel and pieces that you would not find anywhere else.
RK- Great basics and modern sportswear
Iodine- Beauty related products packaged in a medicinal packaging( red pencil case with white cross). Other packages look like Ointment tins and cough syrup bottles. They also sell soaps and lotions all in the signature white cross logo. Great brand identity.
Get Out Side- Bought my first pair of Havianas flip flops at this store more than 8 years ago. They stock Gola sneakers among other soccer brands along with clothing and accessories(great rings).

PIR
Wow, hard to find cosmetics and many of the big names are at this store and also online. Wide selection, reserve a couple of hours.


Happy Shopping in wonderful Toronto!

1 comment :

  1. Designer shoes toronto

    ShoeMedic.com - Get the Best Designer shoe reapir services in Toronto. Shoe Medic is specialized in Designer shine Shoe cleaning and Purse repair in Oakville. Contact us

    to get more - https://www.shoemedic.com/

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts