Sunday, November 7, 2010

Question of the Week- The Boys and their boys and the girls.








I have been married for over 14 years and I most cetainly have my own life and agenda these days. And I love it. My husband has a great group of friends who he tries to see often and he rides his bike as often as he can.

I heard a discussion among men on a radio program 3 weeks ago and I finally found the time to ask the girls the question?

How do you feel when your hubby spends time with the boys? 

Should it continue to be the same way when you were dating? In other words sitting on each other's lap all day?

Does it help to make your relationship healthier? 

It makes mine much better.

What about you?

Please give me your feedback!

2 comments :

  1. Deb, I love this blogpost, as we are currently in "negotiation" regarding this.

    We both strongly feel that you need time apart, given however, that we just got married after being in a long distance relationship, I strongly feel that we need some time together first.

    Here's my suggestion: each should pick one thing that the other can enjoy, with me, it's spending time outdoors, so we'll go on a hiking trip together.

    With him, it's football, so I would like to attend my first tailgate party.

    Once we've conquered these "firsts" as a couple, I have a girlie weekend at a spa and he can spend a football weekend with the boys.

    I think it's important to keep it centred around an activity or interest, not just a weekend in Vegas with the boys or girls.

    Set boundaries and limits and communicate and negotiate!

    Oh and if that doesn't work, just have an afternoon delight:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That time together first is very important since you have been long distance, bonding is very important, it will be very helpful in times of stress.
    Thank you so much for your comments!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts